looking for a remote job as an AP/CP pathologist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

narvanation

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm an experienced pathologist with 2 years of fellowship training. I want to do a 100% remote job. Do you of anyone is hiring for that kind of work set up? I'm willing to take a but of a paycut just for the remote option.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,
I'm an experienced pathologist with 2 years of fellowship training. I want to do a 100% remote job. Do you of anyone is hiring for that kind of work set up? I'm willing to take a but of a paycut just for the remote option.
Thanks
Webcam stripping is an option, if you've got the goods.

Seriously I've never heard of 100% remote pathology job. Maybe some frozen section consultation jobs exist somewhere. It's also unclear what you mean by 'remote'. Medical directorships may be considered 'remote', but you are limited to 5, they do require at least occasional visits, and pay little. Do you want to sign out cases from home?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,
Thanks

You may well have to jump thru a bunch of CMS b.s.unless things have changed with a lot over the past 8 years. You could not just take slides home and sign them out.
If you are talking about looking at a screen and signing out cases ( not consulting, i mean rendering final diagnoses) you could run into a boat-load of liability problems. How will malpractice work. Signing out smallroundbluecelltumors on a TV screen is suboptimal, at least with widely available equipment. Would the underwriters be cool with that?

I mean digital pathology for primary diagnosis. I know several people signing out remotely (they usually have a deferral system for glass slides in place). It is FDA approved now for primary diagnosis so no liability.

Oh off course you can take the slides home (CLIA WAIVER in place now). but even if there is no clia waiver, you =can get clia licensed sooooo easily
where are you guys livng, how come you dont know all this

There aren't many remote jobs available (fully digital) - many require medical directorship of the the laboratory, which requires in-person visits. I suspect this will change in the next 5 years. Many practices are not fully digital (yet), and this is why there are less remote jobs available. The CLIA waivers in place will likely become permanent for digital pathology moving forward. Digital pathology is still a big financial hurdle for most practices, as there isn't a financial incentive for adoption of the technology.

Oh off course you can take the slides home (CLIA WAIVER in place now). but even if there is no clia waiver, you =can get clia licensed sooooo easily
where are you guys livng, how come you dont know all this

Because I retired in 2013. I am one of the fossils on this board from “the good old days”.

I don't know of any 100% remote jobs. My hospital system (very large with several hospitals) does zero digital slides, and it isn't on the horizon any time soon. Glass is cheap. Digital slides are wayyyyyy more expensive.

both of these have full remote

both of these have full remote

thank you. i think AI is mainly research to work on their artificial intelligence products. they dont offer primary diagnosis services

I mean digital pathology for primary diagnosis. I know several people signing out remotely (they usually have a deferral system for glass slides in place). It is FDA approved now for primary diagnosis so no liability.

There is ALWAYS the potential for liability and you are ALWAYS responsible. I would feel a hell of a lot more comfortable looking at a whatthehellisthis-oma on my scope at my desk than a computer screen at home. Lots faster too.

You should work in a busy hospital for a while. Thats the only way to become a professional.