Looking for BCACP preparation course suggestions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beachsaki101

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
For those who recently took and passed the BCACP exam, please let me know which preparation course you took, how helpful it was, and how much studying time you invested in it.

I am planning to take the exam in the Spring 2019.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,
For those who recently took and passed the BCACP exam, please let me know which preparation course you took, how helpful it was, and how much studying time you invested in it.

I am planning to take the exam in the Spring 2019.

Thanks.

I used the ACCP course materials and gave myself about 1 month to study for it. I focused on reading the chapters relating to billing, communication strategies, biostats, and starting/managing a clinical practice. I listened and took notes for the clinical chapters. Gave myself a week for review. It wasn’t a fun month, so maybe 2 months would allow some “free time” while working a full time job heh.

69595AFB-2BCC-4048-9991-A30C865B23D9.png
I used the ACCP course materials and gave myself about 1 month to study for it. I focused on reading the chapters relating to billing, communication strategies, biostats, and starting/managing a clinical practice. I listened and took notes for the clinical chapters. Gave myself a week for review. It wasn’t a fun month, so maybe 2 months would allow some “free time” while working a full time job heh.

Hi Steven,
Which ACCP Course materials did you use? I see the 2 volumes for
Updates in Therapeutics®: Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Preparatory Review and Recertification Course, 2018 Edition

It comes in workbook or pdf files. I called ACCP and was told they had sold out the workbook.

Thanks.

Beachsaki101

View attachment 242461

Hi Steven,
Which ACCP Course materials did you use? I see the 2 volumes for
Updates in Therapeutics®: Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Preparatory Review and Recertification Course, 2018 Edition

It comes in workbook or pdf files. I called ACCP and was told they had sold out the workbook.

Thanks.

Beachsaki101

Hey Beachsaki101,

They're both in the same package, just separated into two workbooks (Volume 1 and Volume 2). The PDF's would be both of the workbooks, just an electronic copy. I would purchase the PDF + Lectures at the very least, so that you have access to all of the material. If you have a nice printer, then you can likely print out the PDF's and save on purchasing the hard copy workbooks. Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Steven