Looking for Closure

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deuce924

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was discussing this the other day with someone.

Say you apply to a school, get an interview, go to the interview and then you are placed under review. Is it common for some schools to never send out an official rejection letter and just let the school year start with you still under review? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

i suppose it's possible. i've heard medical students on here say that they never received rejection letters even after they matriculated at other schools.

i suppose it's possible. i've heard medical students on here say that they never received rejection letters even after they matriculated at other schools.
So you could say they are still under active consideration. The thought of someone recieving rejection letters from schools when you are already a resident humors me.:)

Members don't see this ad :)
What about for waitlisted applicants? If you are not pulled off the waitlist, do you recieve a letter once the year starts or do you just assume its finished?

I'm still up for an interview invite at 4 schools. Hope they're not just stringing me along until the last minute.

I am in the same boat. I do have friends that are MS1s now who last year had a handful of schools each that they never heard from. I think it's awful to do that to an applicant but from what I hear, a number of schools do that. :(

What about for waitlisted applicants? If you are not pulled off the waitlist, do you recieve a letter once the year starts or do you just assume its finished?
I don't know, it depends on the school. Some do not, some probably do.