Looking into MHA Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stai

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN Community,

I am looking for a bit of feedback on a few MHA programs that I am looking into. I am currently attending Rutges Uni with a major in Public Healh w/ focus in Health Admin and Addictions Prevention.

My stats are as follows:

Major GPA 3.45
cGPA: ~3.3
Year: Junior

I would like to know how good these following programs are:

JHU
Texas A&M
Baylor Uni
Hofstra
U.S. Army -​ Baylor University

If anyone has attended/ is attending or applied/been accepted into these programs can send me a PM, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Stai.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi Stai,

After the research I've done, there are a few things to consider. However, the main thing is that the school is CAHME accredited, because this ensures the healthcare education you receive proves to provide the professional, and educational knowledge needed to perform well in a HA career. Of course you should take that with a grain of salt, ONLY if you plan on working in the health network of the school you receive your education from, but in my opinion, is a gamble not worth taking. So, if you KNEW you wanted to work in the region of NS-LIJ, or you were certain you wanted to work AT NS-LIJ, etc., then Hofstra would be the choice for you. Other than the CAHME accreditation, let me highlight a few other important factors using one of your programs of interest:

Hofstra's MHA program is associated with NS-LIJ amongst a few other New York Hospitals (but NS-LIJ to a larger degree). Hofstra's education also emphasizes the importance of internships which is where the "magic" happens, the acquiring of skills, the familiarity with your network, and the opportunity to gain credibility for a job.

Takeaway: How much your program gets you in the field greatly correlates with how "good" the program is.

Keep in mind that Hofstra will be getting its CAHME accreditation, it seems this also would allow you to transition a lot easier to ANY region you prefer to live in (which in your case, I assume could be Texas?) due to its preferential acknowledgement. Hope that clarifies what makes a "good" program, obviously there are other factors to consider, but from my research it seems accreditation is top priority, followed closely by emphasis on internships (especially if you don't already have experience).

Best,
George

Last edited: