This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDentist66

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently preparing to reapply and I need some advice! For letters of recommendation, I am planning to get two new LORs and use two old LORs from the last cycle and ask my professors to update those. Also, should I ask my professors to update just the date or should I ask them to revise the whole letter? I’m just not sure what’s the best thing to do for LORs as a reapplicant. Any advice is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently preparing to reapply and I need some advice! For letters of recommendation, I am planning to get two new LORs and use two old LORs from the last cycle and ask my professors to update those. Also, should I ask my professors to update just the date or should I ask them to revise the whole letter? I’m just not sure what’s the best thing to do for LORs as a reapplicant. Any advice is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!

I have asked schools about this and they say be careful about reusing letters if you are reapplying to the same schools. If the school sees that you are reapplying they may look at your previous letter and if the letter doesn't change it may seem like you have not changed. Also, a bad letter may have contributed to your initial rejections. I am sure there are plenty of people who got in with the same letter, I am just saying be careful with it.