LOR from GTA??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tRNA

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I just need a quick vote from you all...I am thinking of asking my Microbiology Graduate TA who is my lab supervisor to write me an LOR for dental school...does this sound like a good idea...or would it be bad since she doesn't have a PhD and just working on her masters ??? please advice

thanks alot and have a great day

Members don't see this ad.

tRNA said:
Hey all,
I just need a quick vote from you all...I am thinking of asking my Microbiology Graduate TA who is my lab supervisor to write me an LOR for dental school...does this sound like a good idea...or would it be bad since she doesn't have a PhD and just working on her masters ??? please advice

Sure...sounds like a great idea. It probably wont fullfill the science prof requirement (or it might), but either way, send it in! :thumbup:

Cheers

tRNA said:
Hey all,

I have been in a similar stuation. The best way to do this is by having a Dual Signed LOR. i got a LOR from my Cell Bio Lab GTA and at the bottom of the letter the PhD that was her supervisor added a paragragh saying things like:

i have whatever whatever.... have confidence that my GTA wrote a fair and honest letter to this student that i personally dont know, but i can see from his tests and papers he is an whatever student being in the top 2%....

GOOD LUCK