LOR from math professor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peppathepig

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I've heard some mixed responses to this, but does a LOR from a math profressor (who taught Quantitative Research Methods under the class title SOC but is a statistics class) count as a science recommendation letter? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone! I've heard some mixed responses to this, but does a LOR from a math profressor (who taught Quantitative Research Methods under the class title SOC but is a statistics class) count as a science recommendation letter? Thanks!
It would be school-specific. I've seen some schools say only BCP counts as science. For others, BCPM is fine. You would need to check the websites of all med schools you are applying to

Reactions: 1 user

Science professors usually include faculty members in biology, chemistry, physics, and mathematics departments. That being said, sometimes different programs have different requirements, so it is always a good idea to check with your programs of choice and verify that a letter of reference from a math professor will be considered a science letter. Additionally, if you are not sure who counts as a science professor, try to get letters from professors appointed in the faculty of science at your university. Hope this helps and best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user