Lor Q

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aero047

Another among the masses
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I asked my professor to write a LOR for me and he accepted. I'm a freshman in college, and when I was in HS I didn't really do much to be honest. But I was heavily involved in non-science extracurriculars. Unforunately I didn't spend much time in the hospital/dental office/etc. But since then I've become more interested in medicine - would I look like a huge loser/incompetent disorganied misguided person because I was a lazy bum in high school, and thus not a lot of exp in the field?

Members don't see this ad.

Aero047 said:
I asked my professor to write a LOR for me and he accepted. I'm a freshman in college, and when I was in HS I didn't really do much to be honest. But I was heavily involved in non-science extracurriculars. Unforunately I didn't spend much time in the hospital/dental office/etc. But since then I've become more interested in medicine - would I look like a huge loser/incompetent disorganied misguided person because I was a lazy bum in high school, and thus not a lot of exp in the field?

Yes.

What the heck are you getting a LOR for as a freshman?

Are you applying for sophmore status?

hahahahahahahah

seriously, what?

While it may be a bit pre-mature to gather LOR's for dental school, it's great that you have already approached a professor about one. You'll never know when you'll need a LOR in your undergraduate career - either for scholarship applications, exchange programs, and so on so kudos for taking that first, bold step. Professors on the whole are very appreciative of attentive students that are willing to make "contact" with them. Building relationships with your professors is a good idea - not only will they write great LOR's for you but they are often times full of advice and willing to help you along in your academic career. Best of luck!

Sprgrover said:
While it may be a bit pre-mature to gather LOR's for dental school, it's great that you have already approached a professor about one. You'll never know when you'll need a LOR in your undergraduate career - either for scholarship applications, exchange programs, and so on so kudos for taking that first, bold step. Professors on the whole are very appreciative of attentive students that are willing to make "contact" with them. Building relationships with your professors is a good idea - not only will they write great LOR's for you but they are often times full of advice and willing to help you along in your academic career. Best of luck!

Whatever dude.

Bold step? Thats what they are there for.

How did you become a moderator?