LOR questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DIMC

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an IMG from India who graduated last year. Since graduating I've been working as a clinic manager for Dr. X. Which is something I added to my ERAS experience section.

Dr. X is also a faculty member at a nearby hospital and gave me the opportunity to complete an observership under him, which is also something I've added to my ERAS experience section.

Should I mention both things in my ERAS? Or is it better just to mention the observership.

I've asked him for an LOR and he has agreed to write one for me.

Should I ask him to write it as a faculty member and mention both observership and my work experience with him?

Or just my observership experience with him?
Or write two separate LORs? One as a faculty and one as a clinician of a private practice.

I only have one other LOR from a faculty member at a university hospital so in total I only have 2 and I want them to hold as much weight as possible. What would be the best scenario?

Members don't see this ad.

You want him to comment on the observership/clinical experience. Not how well you answer the phones or schedule the MAs in his office. A short paragraph (2 or 3 lines) about that wouldn't be bad, but the letter should focus on your clinical skills.

Reactions: 1 user
Good advice. Thanks for your input.