LoR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefulrad08

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Does LOR for radiology residency need to be on a university or teaching hospital letterhead? I'm doing a 6 week rotation with my family physician right now who has a private clinic just to make sure there's no gap. Will that count? Will his LOR be good or not worth it?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Letterhead is much better than without. I don’t think it needs to necessarily be university affiliated, just anything that makes it look official and provides some means of verifying the person is who they say they are, and how to contact them. Even a privately owned single-office clinic should have SOME professional looking stock hidden away somewhere (for tax-status and other business purposes). If you ask, they should find something.

Members don't see this ad :)
Letterhead is much better than without. I don’t think it needs to necessarily be university affiliated, just anything that makes it look official and provides some means of verifying the person is who they say they are, and how to contact them. Even a privately owned single-office clinic should have SOME professional looking stock hidden away somewhere (for tax-status and other business purposes). If you ask, they should find something.
Yes they do. I just wasn't sure if the letter had to be from a university hospital. Everyone here seems to be rotating at hospitals and with PDs, etc but as an IMG, I have to pay to do rotations and most are not at teaching hospitals. Hence the confusion.

I think it always depends on headquarters policy.
For example, I know institutions that allow using this website College Essay Writing Service to increase amount of scholar works. Frankly speaking, I was working with these writers too.

Last edited: