Loras College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kfire

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I've been lurking for awhile.

My decision letters for post-bacc are starting to roll in...

Does any one have more information on Loras College? Does anybody know anyone personally who has enrolled in their post-bacc program? Since it is a new program (17'), I can't seem to find much about it.

Any and all info is appreciated; thank you much.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all, I've been lurking for awhile.

My decision letters for post-bacc are starting to roll in...

Does any one have more information on Loras College? Does anybody know anyone personally who has enrolled in their post-bacc program? Since it is a new program (17'), I can't seem to find much about it.

Any and all info is appreciated; thank you much.
The program is not structured very well. the program is set up for you to start in the summer. I'm currently in the program and dislike it. You may like it but personally, I don't like it at all.

The program is not structured very well. the program is set up for you to start in the summer. I'm currently in the program and dislike it. You may like it but personally, I don't like it at all.
Hey Carlos4plt, is it just the scheduling that you dislike about the program. I'm looking into this program and would love to hear, more specifically, what you like or dislike about it.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody heard anything new about this program? I am considering the program since it is more on the affordable side.

Havent heard anything new, per se, but it looks like I’m going there in June unless I get in somewhere in my home state lol.

Since posting I’ve gone deeper into the admin process: I get really good vibes from all the administrators I’ve spoken with. It is a new program, and I’m sure the old adage of “you get what you pay for” may apply here to some degree, but it doesn’t seem like a terrible program by any means.

Of course this is very speculative, since I haven’t taken classes there yet.

Reactions: 1 user
I just got accepted to this program as well and was wondering if anyone has any more information at all? I can't find much of use online.

I just got accepted to this program as well and was wondering if anyone has any more information at all? I can't find much of use online.

Again, same problem I had. There’s not much info because it is a newer program.

Most likely I’ll be starting this Summer, so I can try to answer some of your questions depending on what they are. Obviously anything about actual personal experience in the program I can’t answer yet.

Is there anyone who attends Loras College's post bac program? I haven't been able to find any reviews or insight into their program.

Does anyone know how their previous batches of students have matriculated?

Hi all! I recently finished the year-long premedical postbac program at Loras College. I was in the first year of the program. Like some of you, I also was a bit apprehensive going into a brand new program; however, upon doing some research I found that they had a strong premed undergraduate program so I felt confident that this would be a good postbac program.

In regards to the program set-up, I felt that the sequence of classes was well planned and organized. I recommend starting in the summer if possible. I came into this program with no science background, and I felt that focusing intensely on one subject at a time helped give me a strong science background and study habits for the fall and spring semesters. Loras is a smaller school so you really get to know your professors well and I truly felt like they all were invested in my success.

I'm currently studying for the MCAT and working on my application. It's a lot to do in a years time, but very rewarding. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any additional questions about the program. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I'm going to be applying to Loras College real soon and I am wondering if anyone who previously attended can answer a few questions?

I am wondering:

Was the course load manageable with MCAT prep?
Are the way the classes taught pretty effective? The director was telling me that the teaching style is different and focused on helping people with things they don't understand. (A collaborative learning approach)
Also, I know the program is new but do you think the program has been effective in getting people into medical school?
Also, any personal experience pros and cons would be great.

Hi! I'm going to be applying to Loras College real soon and I am wondering if anyone who previously attended can answer a few questions?

I am wondering:

Was the course load manageable with MCAT prep?
Are the way the classes taught pretty effective? The director was telling me that the teaching style is different and focused on helping people with things they don't understand. (A collaborative learning approach)
Also, I know the program is new but do you think the program has been effective in getting people into medical school?
Also, any personal experience pros and cons would be great.

I thought the staff of Loras was very responsive and I was told their previous class all got into medical schools, so I think even though its a new program, it seems well done. I'm not a former student, just a prospective in the middle of decision making, so take that for what its worth.

Thanks, I have been in contact with former students now and the director of the program and they have all been very helpful too!

Good luck in your decision!

Hi all! I recently finished the year-long premedical postbac program at Loras College. I was in the first year of the program. Like some of you, I also was a bit apprehensive going into a brand new program; however, upon doing some research I found that they had a strong premed undergraduate program so I felt confident that this would be a good postbac program.

In regards to the program set-up, I felt that the sequence of classes was well planned and organized. I recommend starting in the summer if possible. I came into this program with no science background, and I felt that focusing intensely on one subject at a time helped give me a strong science background and study habits for the fall and spring semesters. Loras is a smaller school so you really get to know your professors well and I truly felt like they all were invested in my success.

I'm currently studying for the MCAT and working on my application. It's a lot to do in a years time, but very rewarding. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any additional questions about the program. :)
Nice! Did you pass an interview before getting accepted to the post-bacc?

I heard back from Loras a few weeks ago, and am strongly considering attending. Has anybody decided to go, I would love to connect with other future students in the Summer 2021 cohort

I heard back from Loras a few weeks ago, and am strongly considering attending. Has anybody decided to go, I would love to connect with other future students in the Summer 2021 cohort
I am attending! Starting in May. Good to hear you're considering!

Hi-- thanks for posting and sharing your experiences. Now that it's 2021, could you share more about how you felt the program prepared you for medical school?

Similarly, I'm coming from a performing arts degree in music with no science background. Would love to hear how the program supported you during such a rigorous/condensed year.

Also, does the program provide research/volunteer opportunities? Thanks so much! :)