LORs and the application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GLxY88

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have decided to apply this year (via online) and have already started the process by having my school send out my official transcripts and the LORs I have on file. However, I only have 2 letters on file so far and am currently working on to obtain the third...

so my question is...

will my application be considered "incomplete" if I don 't have all three letters or will my application still go on to be sent to the schools i wish "as-is" and I can send the third when I get it?

I'm kinda on edge cause I want to make sure my app is in ASAP without any hold ups since it had already been assured that "the earlier, the better" !

Can anyone shed some light on this? I would greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Its best to get all your additional material together in one package before you courier it to AADSAS. I collected signed/sealed envelopes from my ref's and stuck them in one large envelope with my transcripts and a copy of my essay.

However, you can send each one seperately too... AADSAS sends them out as they get them. However you will have to keep track of each of them individually, make sure aadsas recieves them, and then check each school too. Too much of a hassle... thats why i suggest you send them all in one big package. As long as the LOR envelope is signed across the flap... it doesnt matter who mails it out.

If you send an incomplete package, thats exactly what the school will get, and they will keep sending you notices about what they have, and what is missing. Schools dont review incomplete applications.

Also make sure you send out your supplimentary fees and photos ASAP after you finish sending the app to AADSAS. I kinda forgot about that and ended up in a mad frenzy at the post office.

Do you mean I can send the application fee and photo to each school I apply after I submit the application on-line? Since it takes two months for AADSAS to send the app to each school, will the schools keep my photo and fee until app comes?
Since all my rol were sent to pre-health office, I think I can only request the secertary to send them directly to aadsas. So, I wouldn't package all of them in one envelope. Will aadsas be so nice to compile every single letter they receive into my file? Thanks for your input!

Members don't see this ad :)
hey grettlin2, that's exactly what I was trying to figure out...

I want to try to avoid all hold ups, too! I mean, from what I hear, it does take awhile for aadsas to process so I want to be sure I'm not sacrificing my chances by waiting for that one last letter of recommendation!

i'm having all my LOR's sent directly to each school.

will AADSAS be waiting for my LOR's and thus not send out the rest of my application because they think the LOR's are on the way?

Check out their forms regarding a waiver for no LOR's. This would be included in to your package and take the place of your missing LOR's. "LOR Exception Form"

i think i might try sending all my LORs to AADSAS after all.

does it really matter if the letters are written on "official stationary" as ADDSAS specifies?