LORs- Interfolio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinkplayer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am trying to get my recommendations submitted via interfolio but I do not understand the procedure. If someone has knowledge on how interfolio works and how I can go about this, I would love the help. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I am trying to get my recommendations submitted via interfolio but I do not understand the procedure. If someone has knowledge on how interfolio works and how I can go about this, I would love the help. Thanks in advance!
You set up your delivery by clicking "start delivery" on your home page. Then, you type in the full name of the school you want to send your letters to (i.e., Des Moines University); or, you can type in Podiatric and it should bring up most - if not all - of the schools.

Then, you select which confidential LORs you want sent. I also associated my AACPMAS ID number with the document. Then you pay and they send them.

You set up your delivery by clicking "start delivery" on your home page. Then, you type in the full name of the school you want to send your letters to (i.e., Des Moines University); or, you can type in Podiatric and it should bring up most - if not all - of the schools.

Then, you select which confidential LORs you want sent. I also associated my AACPMAS ID number with the document. Then you pay and they send them.

Can they send them in a different format than they were received in? i.e. a .pdf when they received a paper letter, or a paper letter when they received an electronic version? I'm assuming they scan them all in, or else they wouldn't be able to send multiple copies...

Members don't see this ad :)
my professors have my recommendations so should i ask them to submit it? because i dont know if im allowed to look at them in advance? how does that work? thanks again!

my professors have my recommendations so should i ask them to submit it? because i dont know if im allowed to look at them in advance? how does that work? thanks again!
I would suggest having them send you the letters to proof them, if they're willing. If they aren't, I would then suggest to find new professors, who will. After you proof them - checking for errors, as well as making a determination that they wrote you (what you consider to be) a good enough recommendation to get you to stand out above other applicants - then send them the link to submit the letters to Interfolio. They have to be confidential ones on Interfolio. So, when they submit them, then you will not see them after that.

Does that help?

Can they send them in a different format than they were received in? i.e. a .pdf when they received a paper letter, or a paper letter when they received an electronic version? I'm assuming they scan them all in, or else they wouldn't be able to send multiple copies...
Mehc012 - Yes, you can. If they are submitted to Interfolio via mail by the writers, then Interfolio will scan and upload your documents to your portfolio so that you can eSubmit or have them actually mailed to schools (both cost the same, $6). They will be put in as a .pdf file, so everything will be taken care of. If they are uploaded as a .word or anything else, then when you go to mail the letters (deliver), Interfolio will automatically generate a .pdf file book that will get sent/mailed to the schools you select.