Low back and testicular pain

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ED50

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have seen two patients this week referred to me with unilateral low back and testicular pain. To me these are separate and unrelated, but I wanted to hear from you all. Have you seen any correlate between the two?

Members don't see this ad.

I have two HNP with a annular tears at L4-5, L5-S1 with testicular pain. See it often . US neg for torsion or masses . If you truly think it’s testicular , have URO do a spermatic block .

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve seen a few patients with no urological cause, I even sent to gen surg to rule out a hernia, have lumbar disc herniation and they tell me the symptoms improve with LESI. I didn’t believe it was related, but I’ve now repeated the epidural several time and it seems to help quite significantly.

what do you think the reason for that is?
I think it's possible L5-S1 herniation can cause some S2 chemical irritation, or even mechanical if large. Or, since dermatomes are variable, maybe someone's S1 is more like S2

Reactions: 1 users
I have seen two patients this week referred to me with unilateral low back and testicular pain. To me these are separate and unrelated, but I wanted to hear from you all. Have you seen any correlate between the two?
Examine hip…
Carefully….
Stinchfield etc

Presentation can be subtle

If exam concordant and X-ray beg, get MRI

Horses before zebras

Discogenic pain commonly refers to the ol scrote. L4-5 and L5-S1 (as stated previously).

Listhesis or annular fissures.

Reactions: 1 users