Low GPA Student Athele. Need Help!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mr. Hugo

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all,

Long story short, I am a underrepresented student athlete at a top 30 school with a poor gpa 2.7 and sciGPA 2.7 ( 2.0 freshamn year). I am in my first semester of my junior year and have the option to graduate early but I cannot because of athletics. Along with being a D1 athlete, I tutor, have done over a year of shadowing, some histology research, excelling in track, ( competing for African country in 2016 olympics), and other various voulunteer work and projects since being at school. I was going to take the MCATs August 6, 2015 but am not completely sure. Should I add on some science work my last 2 semesters when I get into my senior year? Maybe do a post bac or SMP? HELP!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey man I would do a post bac or Masters program. No matter how much volunteer work you have, research, how well your LORs are, it will not compensate for the low GPA. Research post bac programs and apply to a few of them

Antonio Webb, M.D.
Orthopedic Surgery Resident | Author | Motivational Speaker

hey all,

Long story short, I am a underrepresented student athlete at a top 30 school with a poor gpa 2.7 and sciGPA 2.7 ( 2.0 freshamn year). I am in my first semester of my junior year and have the option to graduate early but I cannot because of athletics. Along with being a D1 athlete, I tutor, have done over a year of shadowing, some histology research, excelling in track, ( competing for African country in 2016 olympics), and other various voulunteer work and projects since being at school. I was going to take the MCATs August 6, 2015 but am not completely sure. Should I add on some science work my last 2 semesters when I get into my senior year? Maybe do a post bac or SMP? HELP!!!!