Low GPA versus Retake - How does this look to ADCOMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pkteen

Biochemistry + Studio Art Majors = Death
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have a question guys. I'm a double major biochemistry and studio art at Stony Brook University. Due to medical reasons coupled with demanding science courses, I'm unable to handle one of my drawing classes. I expect to get a B- or so in the class if I continue with it. Otherwise, I have an option to G/P/NC a class where if I fail the class, it doesn't affect my GPA and all I get as a grade on my transcript is an NC for "no credit". I'll retake the class in the summer if that happens.

So here's my question: Do you guys recommend getting a lower grade or retaking the course later without it affecting my GPA. What does a "no credit" grade look like on a transcript?

Members don't see this ad.

In this particular case, for a non-prereq class, a retake would be almost meaningless. Take the NC grade or P/F
I'll have to retake it with an NC or P because it's a required class for my major. So it's either retake the class or getting a low grade and affect my GPA...