Low GPA with downward trend, solid DAT, third time applying: What else can I do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1102497

I had an average GPA when I graduated from undergrad, roughly a 3.5 cGPA and ~3.35 bcpGPA, and a 19AA DAT. I did a dentistry post bacc and did horribly, mostly due to a weak foundation in biology and some medical issues that kept me from studying as much as I needed to. My post bacc GPA was a 3.0, and I failed one class. I took the DAT again but still got a 19. I have over 2000 hours of shadowing/work experience, leadership positions in college, etc.

I decided to retake the DAT and studied my ass off, and I really focused on bio. I ended up with the following scores:
PAT: 19
QR: 23
RC: 23
Bio: 25
Gen Chem: 21
Org Chem: 24
TS: 23
AA: 23

Which I was pretty pleased with, and hopefully shows that I was working hard to address my weaknesses. I still don't know if it will be enough to overcome the issues with my post bacc. If anyone has any thoughts on chances or advice for what I should do, please let me know! I plan on sending in my application for this cycle no later than the end of this week, and will probably apply to ~15 schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Apply to private schools that have a large class size. The DAT should get you in.

Apply to private schools that have a large class size. The DAT should get you in.
Will do, thank you. I'm hoping the DAT makes up for my low GPA but I'm really not confident that it will.

Reactions: 1 user