low MCAT, low GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stitch81

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
is there anyone out there who can give me some words of wisdom out there? i Have a science undergrad degree, took a 2 year post-bacc program and I still ended up with a GPA of 3.1. I just took the MCAT in August and received a 19. WHAT DO I DO??? should i rethink my plans to become a doctor or do i keep going? the only thing is that I don't want to have to do a masters in science program just to get into med school. is there anyone out there who can offer me some advice or thinks that I can make it just by retaking the MCAT and getting a much higher score???

Members don't see this ad.

Stitch81 said:
is there anyone out there who can give me some words of wisdom out there? i Have a science undergrad degree, took a 2 year post-bacc program and I still ended up with a GPA of 3.1. I just took the MCAT in August and received a 19. WHAT DO I DO??? should i rethink my plans to become a doctor or do i keep going? the only thing is that I don't want to have to do a masters in science program just to get into med school. is there anyone out there who can offer me some advice or thinks that I can make it just by retaking the MCAT and getting a much higher score???

bump?

search the non traditional threads , pre-osteopathic and take a look at sgu and ross. what was the science gpa? a higher mcat score can't hurt, and according to the statistics on the aamcas website, most people who retake with that score can only improve. what people have told me is, make sure your LORS, ECS and those parts are strong. def take the mcat again.

but im just spitting out lyrics holmes. check out those threads . someone out there can give you a better idea. if this is yr dream, do it.