Low practice exam scores...need to delay.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CrypticRomantic

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Imho x1 FA is not enough to remember details in it. And it's usually details that matter on questions. What was your UW average timed/random? Have you passed comlex?

Imho x1 FA is not enough to remember details in it. And it's usually details that matter on questions. What was your UW average timed/random? Have you passed comlex?
Not sure if I passed comlex or not, my score should come out next week, another reason I want to delay. If I didn't pass comlex, I don't want to jeopardize my usmle score. 50% UW random, timed first pass.

Reactions: 1 users
Have you considered just not taking usmle? You should def not take it in a week.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Have you considered just not taking usmle? You should def not take it in a week.
Wouldn't that put me at a disadvantage for the merger? I want to do ACGME residency too. I am not losing hope..I think I can boost my score if I had another month..

Wouldn't that put me at a disadvantage for the merger? I want to do ACGME residency too. I am not losing hope..I think I can boost my score if I had another month..

No step score would hurt if you could’ve had one and done decent, but taking it just to take it isn’t a smart play. Bump it a month or two if you have the time to keep studying, but a failing step score or a borderline score won’t help your app at all

Reactions: 2 users
No step score would hurt if you could’ve had one and done decent, but taking it just to take it isn’t a smart play. Bump it a month or two if you have the time to keep studying, but a failing step score or a borderline score won’t help your app at all
My school also requires us to take the USMLE.

My school also requires us to take the USMLE.
Have you thought about getting a tutor? Your school should have an academic support office and I’d reach out to them... having at risk of failing practice scores should raise their interest in helping you out... hopefully

Reactions: 1 user