LOW QR score.. advice/chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentspade

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
AA/TS/OC/GC/BIO/RC/QR/PA
1st: 17/18/18/18/18/18/15/17
2nd: 18/18/19/19/18/17/16/18
3rd: 19/21/21/22/20/21/13/20

Posted yesterday, but was hoping to get more feedback! Some advice I've heard is to call schools and specifically ask about their cut off's/just to apply broadly? Do some schools really not have cut offs?

I know if there is a section to bomb, it would be QR so I'm thankful for that.. just not how badly I bombed it this time.

Members don't see this ad.

If I was someone looking at your file, and seeing that you took the DAT thrice, I would wonder why by the third time around you weren't able to learn enough QR material to at least meet the average.

Just my 2 cents.

If I was someone looking at your file, and seeing that you took the DAT thrice, I would wonder why by the third time around you weren't able to learn enough QR material to at least meet the average.

Just my 2 cents.

Understand that lol, but that wasn't my question. Not in any way am I saying that I'm happy about how I did - I'm not. I'm upset that it went down. It's clear its never been my strong subject.

When doing practice tests, I was faced with a lot of the new quantitative comparison questions (~9-10 each test). For me, those questions were quick and easy. They didn't take up a lot of time at all and timing was never an issue. I was expecting the real test to be the same in terms of having a greater number of QC questions. That didn't happen. I only had two QC questions and the rest were more calculation based. Basically in the end, I ran out of time.

Understand that lol, but that wasn't my question. Not in any way am I saying that I'm happy about how I did - I'm not. I'm upset that it went down. It's clear its never been my strong subject.

When doing practice tests, I was faced with a lot of the new quantitative comparison questions (~9-10 each test). For me, those questions were quick and easy. They didn't take up a lot of time at all and timing was never an issue. I was expecting the real test to be the same in terms of having a greater number of QC questions. That didn't happen. I only had two QC questions and the rest were more calculation based. Basically in the end, I ran out of time.

Just took DAT.. super low QR, third time taker

Just because the thread is different, doesn't mean the responses should be.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,
U have a good GPA. Just apply broadly like private schools and some schools in rural area. I know RC is important but QR isn't that much. Good luck!

Hey,
U have a good GPA. Just apply broadly like private schools and some schools in rural area. I know RC is important but QR isn't that much. Good luck!

Thanks so much! I’m definitely going to apply broadly. Going to be calling a bunch of schools on Monday. Thanks for your response!