Low QR section...what to do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rickytang

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took my DAT exam today. Here are my scores:

PAT: 22
QR: 16
RC: 29
Bio: 21
GC: 24
OC: 21
TS: 22
AA: 22

I don't know what to think about the 16 on my QR section. I spent too much time on the first half of the questions and ended up just having to guess randomly for a huge portion of the rest. I guess in my fatigue I totally lost my ability to prioritize and make sure I was on track for timing.

I live in Oregon currently and really want to go to the dental school here, OHSU. They have a minimum of 15 on each section and their incoming class had an average of 18-20.

Does my QR section ruin the whole thing? Do admissions committees see that 16 and just say nope? Or is there still hope?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
No I would still apply. Every other score you have is a great. So I would apply and hope they can over look that! Just make sure to apply to schools that you meet the cuff off for.

Reactions: 1 user
I took my DAT exam today. Here are my scores:

PAT: 22
QR: 16
RC: 29
Bio: 21
GC: 24
OC: 21
TS: 22
AA: 22

I don't know what to think about the 16 on my QR section. I spent too much time on the first half of the questions and ended up just having to guess randomly for a huge portion of the rest. I guess in my fatigue I totally lost my ability to prioritize and make sure I was on track for timing.

I live in Oregon currently and really want to go to the dental school here, OHSU. They have a minimum of 15 on each section and their incoming class had an average of 18-20.

Does my QR section ruin the whole thing? Do admissions committees see that 16 and just say nope? Or is there still hope?
:highfive::highfive:Congratulations!

Excellent scores, love the 22's! QR is the least looked at section by most schools. That 29 in reading really standouts:clap: that is one of the highest scores I have seen in reading in quite a while.

Good luck to you!

Nancy

Reactions: 1 user