Lower MCAT vs Applying Later in the cycle with higher MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted585480

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out when to take my MCAT for the upcoming cycle right now I'm pretty unprepared but I want to apply early in the cycle so my chances are higher but I don't want to tank my MCAT.

gpa is around 3.0 for sci and 3.2-3.3 cum. or so

Members don't see this ad.

I strongly recommend to take the exam when you are prepared. It's better to apply with a strong MCAT a little later than to rush it and apply early with a poor score.

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out when to take my MCAT for the upcoming cycle right now I'm pretty unprepared but I want to apply early in the cycle so my chances are higher but I don't want to tank my MCAT.

gpa is around 3.0 for sci and 3.2-3.3 cum. or so

Was kind of in your shoes. Took mcat while I was schooling/working at the same time. Nothing worse than walking out knowing you could've done better if you had the time/space to focus.

Applying later with solid mcat > applying early with low/mediocre mcat.

Higher mcat score stands out more than applying early. You don't want to risk it.

Plus if you've graduated and have a gap year, study for 3-4 months hardcore, turn in all your stuff, and you'll still have time to work or do whatever the hell you want instead of stressing out like right now.

Reactions: 1 users