LSHTM vs US Public Health Schools for Epi?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

numbersloth

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wondering what opinions are about getting an Msc in Epidemiology at LSHTM vs an MPH or MSc at an American PH school? I'm interested in pursuing a PhD but not completely set on it yet. I'd love to work internationally and I feel like LSHTM has some great global health ties.

Members don't see this ad.

Wondering what opinions are about getting an Msc in Epidemiology at LSHTM vs an MPH or MSc at an American PH school? I'm interested in pursuing a PhD but not completely set on it yet. I'd love to work internationally and I feel like LSHTM has some great global health ties.

I think that LSHTM is an excellent choice, especially for global health, not sure of the cost, though I'd say it's the Number One public health school, at least in my opinion, everybody's got their top choice. My perception is that LSHTM draws students from all over the world, and people who want to return to their country of origin and become, say, a minister of public health, or work in their governments. Some US schools have these students too, but I think the diversity and quality is better at LSHTM, though I don't have any proof per se, just that LSHTM has an excellent reputation and many people who have attended the school have gone on to do great things, especially with global health.

The educational system might be more rigorous, and uses the British model, all positives as far as I'm concerned.