LSUHSC New Orleans vs. Regis University in Denver Acceptance Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

member907

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I currently have two offers on the table. I have an acceptance from LSU Health Science Center in New Orleans and Regis University in Denver. I haven't made my decision but decided to write down the pros and cons of both.
LSUHSC New Orleans:
Pros: Save 14k in tuition costs ($50k over 3 years), could live with my mother(cheaper living expenses), family in town, girlfriend a drive away, possible board of supervisor's scholarship if I apply if I enroll, smaller class size (35)
Cons: Not where I want to live, wouldn't be as happy, no scholarship guarantee, no independent living, possible hurricane destruction
Regis University in Denver:
Pros: Dean's Scholarship Offer(20k), more fun, where I want to live, well known faculty, private university, possible living with a friend from high school, cousin nearby, my dream, new adventure, possible clinical abroad opportunities in Mexcio, Ethiopia, and Nicaragua
Cons: More expensive tuition(84k -20k scholarship= 64k in tuition over 3 years), more expensive place to live(4.7% overall more expensive living in Denver than NOLA), family not nearby, girlfriend a flight away, big class size(80), living with 1-2 roommates.
Please give me some unbiased feedback on this situation. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.