Made a stupid mistake on my AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bioinformaticism

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My AMCAS got verified today and I was looking over the PDF of the printed application. I noticed that in the family information section I reported my mom's gender as male instead of female. I called AAMC and they said there is nothing I can do. How badly will this hurt me? Should I email the schools that I applied to? I looked over that application 20 times. I can't believe I noticed something this stupid the one time that I can't change it. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I doubt that little error will have any effect on anything.

It seems to me you have jeopardized your entire application and your dreams of becoming a physician. Time to look elsewhere.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It seems to me you have jeopardized your entire application and your dreams of becoming a physician. Time to look elsewhere.

I'm trying to decide if this OP is more neurotic or if the person who posted "My VR score too low?" with a 37 overall and a 9 VR is more neurotic.

This actually made me laugh (and choke on my own spit in the process of doing so). :rofl:
You're fine.