Manchester (Indiana) VS Lecom (Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Samyo

Reaction score
Hi everyone, please can you tell me which is better school , I applied to Manchester and got accepted, also applied to Lecome and they put me on waiting list , I did poor on interview for lecome b/c I was so sick , my GPA is 3.62 , should I accept Manchester and pay the deposit , what is my chance getting in lecome ?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone, please can you tell me which is better school , I applied to Manchester and got accepted, also applied to Lecome and they put me on waiting list , I did poor on interview for lecome b/c I was so sick , my GPA is 3.62 , should I accept Manchester and pay the deposit , what is my chance getting in lecome ?
That is strange. I got accepted at LECOM Erie and my GPA is slightly lower than yours.
I did not apply to Manchester, so I cannot really say yes or no. It is your call. If you like LECOM better, you could probably ask them why you were waitlisted. They can probably give you some information on how to improve your application and get that waitlist status changed.

I am assuming you probably have about a month or two to send your deposit to Manchester after getting the acceptance letter? I would say if you like really prefer LECOM. Wait until at least two weeks before your Manchester deposit is due and if you have not heard anything back yet then send the deposit to ensure you have at least one place secure while waiting for LECOM. I know the deposit is non-refundable, but it is better to have a place secured then be able to turn it down later.

Reactions: 1 user

LECOM is a much better choice. It's a less expensive school. ARe you looking at the PA or FL campus?

Members don't see this ad :)
Moving to pharmacy school specific discussions:

As for the question, this is a checklist I recommend to anyone who plans on pursuing a pharmD:

1) Regional Accreditation
2) Tuition Cost + Cost of living

Securing a spot by putting in a deposit is better than waiting it out only to find out you never were off the waiting list.

That is strange. I got accepted at LECOM Erie and my GPA is slightly lower than yours.
I did not apply to Manchester, so I cannot really say yes or no. It is your call. If you like LECOM better, you could probably ask them why you were waitlisted. They can probably give you some information on how to improve your application and get that waitlist status changed.

I am assuming you probably have about a month or two to send your deposit to Manchester after getting the acceptance letter? I would say if you like really prefer LECOM. Wait until at least two weeks before your Manchester deposit is due and if you have not heard anything back yet then send the deposit to ensure you have at least one place secure while waiting for LECOM. I know the deposit is non-refundable, but it is better to have a place secured then be able to turn it down later.
Thank you very much for your advice, I asked them what can I improve , they said nothing just wait , I know I did poor on my interview ):

Moving to pharmacy school specific discussions:

As for the question, this is a checklist I recommend to anyone who plans on pursuing a pharmD:

1) Regional Accreditation
2) Tuition Cost + Cost of living

Securing a spot by putting in a deposit is better than waiting it out only to find out you never were off the waiting list.
Thank you