Marc Huntoon Pain Medicine Board Review?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluehighlighter

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I ran across this book on Amazon. Someone also mentioned in an earlier post that the author is a previous writer of ABA examination questions. Anyone using this source or has anyone purchased this book? If so, how is it?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys, I ran across this book on Amazon. Someone also mentioned in an earlier post that the author is a previous writer of ABA examination questions. Anyone using this source or has anyone purchased this book? If so, how is it?

I haven't used it. But, I worked with him as a resident. He's a very smart Dude.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have this book, looks good so far. Answers are all referenced with articles to back up the answers.

Whether the questions are board relevant or high yield remains to be answered as I dont think this book has been around for many board exam cycles yet.

I have this book, looks good so far. Answers are all referenced with articles to back up the answers.

Whether the questions are board relevant or high yield remains to be answered as I dont think this book has been around for many board exam cycles yet.

I think it is indeed a new book but I'll probably check it out. Thanks!

Don't buy it.

I helped write a chapter and I have no idea what the F%^K I was talking about.

(jk....good stuff).

Since you have some inside knowledge of the book, could you let us folks who are preparing to take the boards know more about the book...?

No inside knowledge really. Marc asked someone at my institution if they wanted to help write a chapter, and that person then asked me if I could help out. It is surprisingly hard to write good questions - so a whole chapter on questions would take a lot of time - so I helped him out.

I didn't have any knowledge about questions for the test or exactly how they where written, only specific subject matter. So we carefully looked at the subject headings, and asked questions about those specific subjects.

I am bumping this thread for those studying for pain boards. I actually used a lot of sources to study but found this to be one of the best sources for questions that seem to be reflected on the boards

Reactions: 1 user