Marking Packet vs. Individual LORs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leverp2000

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a packet of LORs that will be sent from a letter service, but I also have several individual letters that will be sent separately. The individual letters satisfy most of the requirements, but the packet does not. Which should I set on the application? Will the university accept the packet if I set it to be individual LORs?

Any advice is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

how mant letters are you planning to send, anyway? also, are any of these letters composite/committee letters, or are they ALL individual letters?

They are all individual letters from the letter service at our school. As I'm applying to MD/PhD programs, I didn't want to put all of my letters in the service, so that I could send some letters only to the MD or only to MD/PhD committee. I have 5 letters total.

Members don't see this ad :)
even though its a total pain, you may just have to call the individual schools and let them know what you're doing, and ask them if such and such meets their requirement (re: some letters for MD committee or MD/PhD committee).

or maybe you could just send them all at one time and let the schools sort it out :D

ask some of the peeps in the MD/PhD forum.

I'm leaning towards just putting one or the other, cause I'm sure they can figure it out. I'll just make sure they get all of my letters after they are sent.