Marquette Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
what do u need?
beer~
what do u need?
beer~

Members don't see this ad :)
uh..fine..wat is so good about marquette dental school?

It's a great clinical-based school that prepares you well for the real-world of dentistry. I have spoken to grads and they have nothing but good things to say about it. They also have a religious tradition, if that's important to you.

School is only a couple of years old. Bastards were building it right across from my dorm room while I was trying to sleep in! Woke me up :(

im bumping this read so that its ready for tomorrow...!!! im very anxious at this point..but well c what happens !! :scared:

what is so good about marquette????

I know several extremely succesful dentists who graduated from Marquette, they credit there success to MU. They are a great clinical school, many dental schools try to emulate MU, they have a brand new 137,000 sq. ft facility. Dwayne Wade played basketball there, so they have great recruitment power so they have a good baskettball team to root for. I have three more words for you, BEER, BRATS, BOWLING...

So countdown till tomorrow i guess huh? Marquette is allegedly sending out another batch of out-o-state interview invites via email tomorrow, right? isn't that the word on the street? :)

thats the word from the admissions office!!! well technically anytime this week but hopefully tomorrow

I called today. Marquette plans to send out a second batch of invitation emails to out-of-staters next week. Good luck to all of you (and me) hoping to be in that batch. :D

invitation emails only right? no rejections right? too early to get rejected....i don't think i like rejections

invitation emails only right? no rejections right? too early to get rejected....i don't think i like rejections

I can't stand the anticipation. I want to know a definite yes or a no. Actually, I want to hear a yes for the interview. Time to pray.

hmmm... Hope tomorrow...

I hope this doesn't mean a batch of rejections too:eek:

Not that anyone would know the answer to this, but wouldn't most of the rejections start getting sent out once the school gets a better idea of who the class will be composed of? Meaning, would they reject people this early in the game before most of the interviews have been conducted and probably before any commitments have been made to attend?

Good Luck everyone, hope you all get an interview invite...even though that's probably impossible haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Not that anyone would know the answer to this, but wouldn't most of the rejections start getting sent out once the school gets a better idea of who the class will be composed of? Meaning, would they reject people this early in the game before most of the interviews have been conducted and probably before any commitments have been made to attend?

Good Luck everyone, hope you all get an interview invite...even though that's probably impossible haha

i think so. case did that. so did LLU. they responded REALLY early in the process. well, no letter from marquette for me today.

no dice here:cool:

Wow the interviews are pretty soon i scheduled mine today in less than a month!...

I got an interview, and am on the calendar for 10/25.:) Anyone else possibly interested in sharing a hotel room in Milawaukee (10/24)?

Anyone know if they are offering more this week, or was today the last chance for out-of-staters...I am becoming less optimistic every day.

flights don't need to cost 900$, I booked mine for $280 round trip (from Portland PDX). Try cheaptickets.com

I got an interview, and am on the calendar for 10/25.:) Anyone else possibly interested in sharing a hotel room in Milawaukee (10/24)?

u got an invite today? second batch? so we're all doomed if the out of staters didnt' get one?

hey mine is on the 25th too..im gonna stay with my brother that night he goes to MCW..but what time is urs?? its only half an hour isnt that cool!

Hey, this will be my first interview and I'm just wondering if anyone knows whether we can take our bags with us? I know there's a tour, so I don't want to be hauling a bag around on that, but I leave that pm for my flight. Any ideas? Thanks

I am going to do the same thing at marquette.

I have left my bags by the secretary at many interviews!

See ya there!:D

Anyone know if they are offering more this week, or was today the last chance for out-of-staters...I am becoming less optimistic every day.
Yeah, still haven't heard back from them as well (even checked my junk mail)... in full panic mode about Marquette.

so have u guys recieved an interview invite via email in the last 2 days?

Two weeks ago people got their invites on monday and since then they didnt send anything else for outstaters..i called them and they told me the week of the 25th they will send invites for the 2nd batch, so this monday i woke up knowing i should be getting an interview and i did...my stats are written in my signature. Hopefully you guys get what u are looking for best wishes:)