Massachusetts independent practice law

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Just so everyone is aware, the bill calling for independent practice rights for CRNAs was rejected here in Massachusetts. You can thank me for my hard work, emailing, calling, and meeting with the state senators here. Not only myself but a number of anesthesiologists in my state were relentless. Before someone chimes in, with "its pointless, or it isn't going to stop anything", I would like to say that at least we are trying. At least we are making an effort. Are you? What are you doing? I see on here posts all the time about CRNAs calling themselves doctor or resident, and if you are tired of it, do something about it. I and my fellow anesthesiologists here in Massachusetts are sick of being equated with a group that does not offer anywhere close to the skill or educational level that we are proud to have achieved, and we are proud to thoroughly list the ways that we are different and why we are needed and our how our superiority is necessary.
I implore all of you here, to get involved in your state society and in the ASA. Everyone is needed, your time, your money, your expertise, everyone is needed. Whether you are a resident, a fellow, in private or academic setting, please fight this fight and realize your worth, and please put all your bithcing and moaning into real action
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 10 users
Why can't we both bitch/moan and while doing something about it? It's not mutually exclusive, you know.

JK.

It's great to hear that your actions and that of your colleagues made a difference. Hopefully, this is just the beginning of the tides turning.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Just so everyone is aware, the bill calling for independent practice rights for CRNAs was rejected here in Massachusetts. You can thank me for my hard work, emailing, calling, and meeting with the state senators here. Not only myself but a number of anesthesiologists in my state were relentless. Before someone chimes in, with "its pointless, or it isn't going to stop anything", I would like to say that at least we are trying. At least we are making an effort. Are you? What are you doing? I see on here posts all the time about CRNAs calling themselves doctor or resident, and if you are tired of it, do something about it. I and my fellow anesthesiologists here in Massachusetts are sick of being equated with a group that does not offer anywhere close to the skill or educational level that we are proud to have achieved, and we are proud to thoroughly list the ways that we are different and why we are needed and our how our superiority is necessary.
I implore all of you here, to get involved in your state society and in the ASA. Everyone is needed, your time, your money, your expertise, everyone is needed. Whether you are a resident, a fellow, in private or academic setting, please fight this fight and realize your worth, and please put all your bithcing and moaning into real action
Thanks

Good stuff.
Thank you very much for your efforts in the preservation of our specialty.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks

Way to go man! Thanks for fighting the good fight.

Baller MD, I love to bitch and moan, thats what attracted me to sdn in the first place. seriously if it was not for sdn and all the dire things i hear from here and the links to allnurses.com and their pathologic mindset, i dont think i would be anywhere as passionate as i am now to stop CRNAs from eviscerating our speciality. i just dont want to be another one who takes the money and runs while our speciality languishes for future generations, i want this speciality to blossom, and i am not an publisher of articles, but i am expert at putting my bitching and moaning skills into solid convincing arguments that i use to then inform the politicians what bad asses we are and no one compares, especially not these wolves in sheeps clothing.

Thanks

Thanks for your efforts.