Matching Peds with Low Class Rank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coolguy07

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know peds isn't the most competitive specialty, but I'm curious as to if low grades matter once you get an interview? I didn't receive as many interviews as I was hoping for. Does my low-class rank matter? What's the best thing to do if I don't match or post-match? Work at peds friendly practice or do a GPR or AEGD?
Thank you for the help

Members don't see this ad.

If I don't match this cycle, to increase my chances of matching next cycle, should I do a GPR/AEGD, or should I become an associate?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know peds isn't the most competitive specialty, but I'm curious as to if low grades matter once you get an interview? I didn't receive as many interviews as I was hoping for. Does my low-class rank matter? What's the best thing to do if I don't match or post-match? Work at peds friendly practice or do a GPR or AEGD?
Thank you for the help
If your goal is just to get in anywhere I don't think it will be difficult. I know someone who repeated a year and matched into peds.

Reactions: 2 users
I am also curious as to if one doesn't match, is it best to do a GPR/AEGD, or should I try to work at a peds friendly practice/FQHC?

You can learn pedo on the job and in my honest opinion it prepares you for a much more effective learning experience if you CHOOSE to return to a graduate program. I am looking for new graduates to hire for Summer 2024 if you have any interest please PM me!

If your goal is just to get in anywhere I don't think it will be difficult. I know someone who repeated a year and matched into peds.

I think we know the same person. If that is the case, just a FYI she came back and killed it with straight A's through the rest of dental school. So her grades were there.

Please reach out to me through PM if you have interest in a job that will give you extensive training and experience working in pediatrics, which can make your match process much easier, or may provide you an opportunity to move forward without a graduate program.

Please reach out to me through PM if you have interest in a job that will give you extensive training and experience working in pediatrics, which can make your match process much easier, or may provide you an opportunity to move forward without a graduate program.
can i dm you?