Matching Process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cgk

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, does anyone know when the actual computerized matching process takes place? Does it happen over the weekend in time for High Noon on Monday?

Members don't see this ad.

So, does anyone know when the actual computerized matching process takes place? Does it happen over the weekend in time for High Noon on Monday?

I'm quite sure it has already happened multiple times since ROL deadline to assure the results are accurate and prepare the system for information dissemination. In any case, how does that affect your life?

scary thing is that the result was all done probably 1 day after rol deadline. if i only knew how to hack into the nrmp to cure the anxiety

I'm quite sure it has already happened multiple times since ROL deadline to assure the results are accurate and prepare the system for information dissemination. In any case, how does that affect your life?

Yeah I agree...I think the algorithm is run multiple times, and then spot checked manually for accuracy. Since computers can't make mistakes and all...:smuggrin:

I know we are all a bit edgy, but relax. I only asked because I was simply curious as to when the defining moment occurs, that seals our fate. Thats all!

They should have an option where you pay 500 USD for "preliminary results". Now that would be smart business sense!

My guess is that they don't do anything for week 1 during the ROL deadline (because some people screwed up and had deadline extensions to certify their rank list, etc. there's a thread or two on SDN), then week 2 they run the algorithm a few times in a few different ways, do quality assurance/manual checks, then week 3 they print out the letters and mail them to medical school deans, then week 4 we match.

I find it interesting that programs find out who they matched one day before we do. Our schools find out a day before as well.

We all gather at a really nice lounge at the top of a skyscraper. Open bar and food starting at 10. Envelopes one at a time starting at 11. Bar event at 2. Party that night. City-wide match party on Friday.

Wow....I am really tensing up here. Nervous as hell.

Good luck to everyone! :luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

I find it interesting that programs find out who they matched one day before we do. Our schools find out a day before as well.

Can think of so many parodies to this....program directors passing their MS4s who have matched with them in the hallway trying to suppress smiles (or frowns ;) )....

We all gather at a really nice lounge at the top of a skyscraper. Open bar and food starting at 10. Envelopes one at a time starting at 11. Bar event at 2. Party that night. City-wide match party on Friday.

That is pretty darn awesome (if its true:D). Your program knows how to party.

I know that the Canadian match and NRMP are linked, so if you match in Canada it pulls you out of the NRMP match. Canadian match day was Monday the 8th, so I wonder if they wait until after that day to run it, as the population of ROLs changes? In either case I am sure it doesn't take too long to run it a few times and check it.

A few days ago, someone posted a pdf from the NRMP about the potential changes to the scramble. If you actually read through it, it has a detailed timeline of how things go presently. Apparently your med school finds out at 8 am EST on Wednesday. I would guess that gives them enough time to print out the letters and stuff the envelopes. The PDs find out that evening.

The file was called nrmp.pdf. It was posted a few days ago.

Treg