Math tricks to speed up the test!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ebete

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry, if this is redundant but I REALLY need help in MATH. Basic simple math! The last math course I took was 11 years ago, and now althought I am able to get thru all phys. problems, when it gets to the very last calculation, I always manage to mess up. On a division, or a square or something simple like that.
For example how do you calculate 33/190;how do you get a quick answer? Sorry if this seems pathetic, I'm just not good w/ simple math and really do not remember how!

Anyone willing to share some quick triks? Thanks!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Ebete said:
Sorry, if this is redundant but I REALLY need help in MATH. Basic simple math! The last math course I took was 11 years ago, and now althought I am able to get thru all phys. problems, when it gets to the very last calculation, I always manage to mess up. On a division, or a square or something simple like that.
For example how do you calculate 33/190;how do you get a quick answer? Sorry if this seems pathetic, I'm just not good w/ simple math and really do not remember how!

You should read this post from someone with a similar question:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=214893

Ebete said:

33/190 is about = to 30/190 = 3/19

This is around 3/20 which is .15 (actual answer is .17)

Just round to the nearest number that will make a nice, simple fraction and simplify.