MBBS diploma?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ramanarasimhaia

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am a senior IMG, completed MBBS in 1993 and MD in 1999, now settled in USA (i.e. I am a citizen of USA). I am preparing for my USMLE step 1 and had applied for ECFMG certification with my final MBBS marks card, state registration and degree certificate (all from India but in English), but my aplication got rejected for the reason of not providing ECFMG with MBBS diploma. Could any one advise me what is this MBBS diploma?

Members don't see this ad.

diploma is the certificate provided by your university/college that you passed your mbbs. It is called degree certificate which has your graduation date on it.

Thanks. But I had submitted my degree certificate, state registration and marks card (all obtained from India). All of these are in English!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I am a senior IMG, completed MBBS in 1993 and MD in 1999, now settled in USA (i.e. I am a citizen of USA). I am preparing for my USMLE step 1 and had applied for ECFMG certification with my final MBBS marks card, state registration and degree certificate (all from India but in English), but my aplication got rejected for the reason of not providing ECFMG with MBBS diploma. Could any one advise me what is this MBBS diploma?

ECFMG will not certify you until you have completed step 1, step 2 CS & step 2 CK

Houmd,

This is regarding IMGs. You might not be knowing that IMGs have to be certified by ECFMG before taking USMLE step 1.

Houmd,

This is regarding IMGs. You might not be knowing that IMGs have to be certified by ECFMG before taking USMLE step 1.

I am also an IMG.

I know these rules very well. To apply for step 1 the ECFMG is now having you pay online for the ECFMG certification application prior to actually applying for step 1 but you aren't actually eligible to fully apply for ECFMG Certification without the following:

a) Passing Step 1
b) Passing Step 2 CS
c) Passing Step 2 CK
d) Graduating from a medical school listed in the IMED (international medical education directory) & submitting your medical diploma from that school

If you haven't taken Step 1 then you aren't eligible for ECFMG Certification