MBBS in India for nri students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kez123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am a Grade 11 student in Canada and I am absolutely positive that I want to do my mbbs from India because here, a student needs four years of university before going into MBBS and I don't want to waste my four years. Since I was in India till gr 5, I am only a little bit familiar with the education system and I wanted to know if its a good idea to do my Gr 12 from India. I know that gr. 12 education is really difficult but I am thinking to give competition in All India category so that I will also have the options of government colleges as well as private colleges. I wanted to know if its worth it or not. I am looking for some really good advice and if anyone could tell me of some really good colleges in north India near Delhi (that's my hometown).

I appreciate you taking your time and replying to this thread. Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

You'd better be really smart. Indian students study much harder than Canadian students.

Lol..I know thts why I am a little worried. Are you studying medical in India?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone please tell me some good medical colleges in north India? I have heard about Subharti and Himalayan...

Hey
I just finished med school in Punjab, look honestly stay there dont come here its not worth it TRUST ME! you would be better off doing med school back home. I wish i did, look it may be cheaper here and easy to get in, but it isnt worth it, not one bit. I hated it here, the schooling standards are no where near back home, and once you go from here you have no decent CV so its hard to get into a resident program when you get back. We have no research work here, we write no papers and even if you do manage to get a research in it isnt recognized internationally. So you wont really have much to take back with you apart from your medical degree which wont be enough given the competition these days . My sincere advice to you is do not come here. You will not like it at all i know i didnt . 5.5 years of my life wasted with nothing to bring back, so stay there

Reactions: 1 user
I wanna finish my MBBS in India too but idk man :/
I rly have no idea whatsoever on where or how or even what I'm gonna end up at

I wanna finish my MBBS in India too but idk man :/
I rly have no idea whatsoever on where or how or even what I'm gonna end up at

It isnt worth it but then its your choice and no one can make that for you .
Good Luck!