MCAT 501 HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tess Calcagno

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a 2nd year pharmacy student (PY2) with the intention of applying to medical school May 2018. I would be applying with a pharmD and as of now my GPA is a 3.97. the problem is my MCAT score is a 501. 126 chem/ 126 psych / 124 cars/ 125 biochem. Should I retake it? I am pretty terrible at taking standardized tests and I studied all summer, so I do not see this score improving significantly. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

If you want MD, retake. How did you study? The good news is that you can improve a lot if you're willing to put in the work.

I believe you can study up to 508-510. After that it's variable based on test day, innate abilities, and background (research experiences, etc).

If you want MD, retake. How did you study? The good news is that you can improve a lot if you're willing to put in the work.

I believe you can study up to 508-510. After that it's variable based on test day, innate abilities, and background (research experiences, etc).

I did Kaplan and I just simply have terrible testing anxiety. What would be your recommendation for the future test? I have a great application otherwise with research and clinical exposure

I did Kaplan and I just simply have terrible testing anxiety. What would be your recommendation for the future test? I have a great application otherwise with research and clinical exposure

It's a nerve-racking test and staying calm is important. Did you do all of the AAMC practice materials? I would recommend these as the #1 thing to do.

I would look at the testing calendar, find a date that looks good, and start putting together a study schedule to work towards your retake goal.

Reactions: 1 user