Mcat And Sat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

visualwealth

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
List your MCAT and SAT...

I want to see the correlation...

Members don't see this ad.

1470 (800M, 670V)

12P, 10V, 10B

there is a correlation...of course you'll get the anomalies (1100 SAT, 30+ on the MCAT/1400 SAT, <30 on MCAT). anyone who tells you THERE'S no correlation doesn't know what they're talking about. sorry to be so blunt.

SAT: 1500 (720V/780M)
ACT: 32
MCAT: 32M (10P/11V/11B)

I don't know if there's any correlation there. I felt I had the potential to do better on the MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
SAT - 1480 (780 math, 700 Verbal)
SATII - 800Bio, 760 Writing, 780Math
MCAT - 33R (10v, 11b, 12p)

Each score is based on the one and only time I took each test.

I think it's correlated, but I honestly studied/practiced 100 times longer for the MCAT to get that score.

I don't remember my highest individual SAT test but I did take it 3 times.

My highest COMPOSITE was 730 math, 720 Verbal.

My MCAT was 37R.

Honestly, I'd expect a positive correlation but not necessarily a strong one. They're both standardized tests so someone who does well on one might be more likely to do well on the other. Aside from that, I don't really think you can predict much.

I guess I'm one of the anomalies.

SAT: 1470 (800M, 670V)
SATII Math IIC: 800
August '05 MCAT: 24N (9V, 7P, 8B)
I took a course for the SAT but not for the MCAT. I promise my scores will show more of a correlation after the April '06 MCAT :)

The correlation is truly remarkable. I want to attribute it to strong math skills, but I dunno for sure.

SAT:1100
MCAT: 30

I didn't really study for the SATs back in the day. I was poor,and a first generation student and didnt realize the importance of SAT. And with limited resources to prep appropriately for the SAT. As opposed to my two younger cousins, where their dad is a doctor, they've have received tutoring and given lots of resources. They have achieved near perfect scores of 1590 out of 1600. Most poorer folks are at a disadvantage when it comes to standardized exams.

SAT: 1540
ACT: 34
MCAT: 31N

Now ask me my GPA. I won't tell, b/c it's God awful :oops: Seriously though, I wish I was a normal student and hadn't f'ed up in college and could be satisfied with this stupid score, but I have to take it again to try and score in the mid-30's. I wish I wasn't a lazy jerk.

I used to think that there wasn't much of a relationship between MCAT and SAT scores, but after reflecting on this further, I've come to the conclusion that there may be. When I first started studying, I told my friends that the MCAT was "different" from the SAT because it required "actual knowledge," blah blah blah. But after studying for it and taking it, I think that about 30-40% of the MCAT is knowledge while the rest of it is just test-taking ability. The test is unique in its format, and it's just silly a lot of regards. Just knowing your science won't get you a good score on the MCAT, unfortunately.

SAT: 1590
MCAT: 39R

I think that I did well on the SAT and MCAT because I was familiar with their formats and had established a test-taking "routine" by the time that I actually sat for them. Knowing science is good, but that's strangely not the most important requirement for a good MCAT score. *shrug*

SAT: 1500
MCAT: 37P

I think thesmartazz is pretty much dead on: your familiarity with the test can make or break you.

I agree. In the beginning, there were a lot of times during the science sections when I was like "God, how come I don't remember this from my classes??" before I fell into the routine of skimming through the passage again to find the answer (which was often in the passage itself).