Mcat bio help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cppbio31

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently taking Berkeley review and the book is very detailed. I have never taken the mcat before. I was wondering if we have to know names of people who have made contributions to science such as Thomas hunt(fruit flies), curt stern, F.A. Janssens, Walter sutton, etc. The Berkeley review book has a lot of detail about what they studied so not sure if I should go over that in detail. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Here's a quick answer before it gets moved....You do not need to worry about names or history. The MCAT passages are basically research article abstracts. Some of the main focuses are Biochem (enzymes, enzyme pathways and functions, proteins, and amino acids are huge), general physiology (body systems, etc), cell cycle, how to read and interpret graphs, and other things. If your book is telling you to memorize people it may be time to invest in a new strategy. I would buy a set of practice tests, take one to see what it's like, and go from there. Taking practice exams will be one of the best things you can do. You can also read science journal article abstracts to practice comprehension.

@AlteredScale can we get this bumped over to MCAT for better feedback?

Reactions: 2 users
I took the MCAT 2015 2 months ago and can tell you there was zero history. Knowing the experiments were helpful but at no time was knowing the person who did the research required or even helpful.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)