MCAT classes that begin 6 months before test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emgirl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I gather that it is standard for Kaplan/TPR to start offering alot of classes in January for the April MCAT- but there are some classes that start earlier, like October and November- has anyone done the longer class? It has the same number of class sessions but you take less per week and spread it out over a longer period. I like the less class sessions per week idea but wonder about getting burnt out- anyone out there take one of these longer courses- what's your opinion on the burn out issue?

Members don't see this ad.

Actually the class I'm enrolled in started exactly 6 months before the test date.. I'd say that it might be better to just do a 3 or 4 month course so that it would be fresher in your mind, but then again, the 6 month one spreads it out a little more evenly. Also apparently you can "make up" classes that you miss, so if you have a bogged down scedule during finals or osmething you can do it later. Err, I should probably get to it since I missed all the december ones :laugh:

i registered for a class in october, however, to be honest I only started studying now. And I feel that it's better that way--fresher in your mind. I don't remember anyting that I learned in those lectures in October.

There's a group of people at my school that began the MCAT class in October. But, I think the big thing with them doing it that was is because the closest center is about an hour away and so it isn't so bad to go once a week compared to a few times a week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Usually the '4-month' classes are held 2 times per week whereas, the '6-month' are held once per week. That is the extent of the differences.

McGillGrad said:
Usually the '4-month' classes are held 2 times per week whereas, the '6-month' are held once per week. That is the extent of the differences.

Actually in my area the 4 month classes meet 4 times a week and the 6 month class meets twice a week- to me meeting 4 times a week would be a pain in the ass.

emgirl said:
Actually in my area the 4 month classes meet 4 times a week and the 6 month class meets twice a week- to me meeting 4 times a week would be a pain in the ass.

Meeting 4 times a week seems overly excessive. Is this Kaplan or TPR?

i started late september, twice weekly. lately have been meeting three times per week, until spring semester resumes. i don't find myself getting too burnt though.