MCAT classes/video series?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anyusernamenottaken

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any video series that would be a replacement for reading the books? I tend to retain more by visual/verbal learning rather than reading. I basically just feel overwhelmed ATM. I may be just expecting too much of myself in regards to retaining everything I read the first go round.

Also, has anyone take an online class and feel that it was worth it( for the structure and accountability to stick to a schedule it would provide). I cant seem to keep myself on the schedule I created and keep falling behind

Members don't see this ad.

Are there any video series that would be a replacement for reading the books? I tend to retain more by visual/verbal learning rather than reading. I basically just feel overwhelmed ATM. I may be just expecting too much of myself in regards to retaining everything I read the first go round.

Also, has anyone take an online class and feel that it was worth it( for the structure and accountability to stick to a schedule it would provide). I cant seem to keep myself on the schedule I created and keep falling behind
Khan is free, but has way too much information not on the exam to be efficient (though it is very effective if you have time). Those videos predate the new MCAT by a decade or more in some cases, and most were clearly not made with the MCAT in mind.

I tried the Kaplan on-demand course, and it was ok. Not worth the big $ I spent though. I am now using a combination of the EK tests, NS test, and the NS MCAt course, which is all on demand videos.

The 20 NS lesson videos are better than Kapan, but I also have access to about 100 shorter videos on MCAT science on my syllabus. Similar to the Khan, but with less production value. While not free, they stick to the science and detail on the MCAT pretty well. Not as exhaustive as Khan to be sure, but far more useful, especially if time is a factor. Plus, they videos include little practice quizzes where I can stop and work on the science I am learning, all in one place.

Glad to be of help, we're all gonna make it!