MCAT date question and courses.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted654432

Hello everyone, I just had two questions I'm hoping someone or multiple people can help me with. First off, before anyone gives me the answer of "bump" or "google it" I would just like to say I've spent hours looking into this and have had trouble understanding 100% the answer to my question.

OK, my first question is the month/date I should shoot to take the MCAT. I plan on graduating in May of 2018, therefore I would like to attend medical school in the fall of 2018 as well. So, what i'm getting at is what month would you recommend I take the test? From what Ive read, it makes most sense to take it January of my junior year, after my fall semester, that way I get my exam score in time to send out my applications early and if I need to retake (hopefully not) time will permit.

My second question is, if I am correct in my timing of taking the MCAT, after the fall semester of my Junior year, would the classes I have taken make me prepared for the exam, meaning is their any other classes you would recommend I take prior to the exam.

The classes I would have taken by January of my junior year would be:

Chem 1
Chem 2
Orgo 1
Orgo 2
Physics 1
Physics 2
Stats 1
Biochem 1
Genetics
Psychology
Cellular Biology
Microbiology

Members don't see this ad.

The exam may not be offered in January anymore, but no one knows. Try to take it summer after sophomore year if you can.

The exam may not be offered in January anymore, but no one knows. Try to take it summer after sophomore year if you can.

Would it make sense to take a kaplan/princeton review course the summer after my sophomore year, then take the MCAT in April of my junior year?