MCAT exact name problem help!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

magicdock

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my MCAT is in 4 days and I just realized that my first name (I have a foreign name) on AAMC is one word but on my license there's a space in between my first name I.e BohnJu on aamc and Bohn Ju on my license. I always write my first name as one word (my credit cards and everything else is one word) except my license and passport name. I've never had a problem with this and have taken several pro metric tests without a problem but I'm worried this might be a problem??!

I'm going to be so frustrated if they don't let me write over something trivial like this. Im obviously the person on the ID and AAMC. I'm planning on bringing all identification I have just in case. Do you guys think this will reasonably work?

A lot of foreign names are spaced differently when coming over to the U.S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Called aamc and they said its up to the test centers discretion to determine if it is a part of my first name or not (it clearly is as my middle name is also on there) and I found out prometric runs this and I havnt had problems with them before so I'm
Hoping I'm in the clear.... If not I may have to delay my application cycle one more year which would be awful...

If the testing center is close by, it might be worth your time to stop by there and get their opinion before your test so you don't have that added stress on test day.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I'm just freaking out over nothing and I trust prometric admins have common sense. I read other reports of the same thing happening and they were ok with it. I also have multiple other picture IDs including my university id with my first name exactly as the AAMC one

I think I'm just freaking out over nothing and I trust prometric admins have common sense. I read other reports of the same thing happening and they were ok with it. I also have multiple other picture IDs including my university id with my first name exactly as the AAMC one

Common sense, yes.

But they also follow strict guidelines so you're better off checking. You don't want to run into any surprises test day.

Being a former employee, I would say call the center and call AAMC. I have learned from experience not all of the workers their are experts on the name thing and if you wait till your exam day and they feel like it may be a discrepancy, they are required to call an on call staff to deliberate if its ok which may take awhile due to high mcat tester volume. I think you should be good but just better to give them a heads up. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Being a former employee, I would say call the center and call AAMC. I have learned from experience not all of the workers their are experts on the name thing and if you wait till your exam day and they feel like it may be a discrepancy, they are required to call an on call staff to deliberate if its ok which may take awhile due to high mcat tester volume. I think you should be good but just better to give them a heads up. :)

Employee of prometric? Thank you for the advice it's very reassurring.

Drove to center but no one was there so I called prometric and they said it is okay with the space :) what a relief

Prometric just called me back and told me to talk to aamc to be sure but aamc told me that it's up to the test administrator on site -__-

Guess I have to wait till test day to find out.....

Drove to center but no one was there so I called prometric and they said it is okay with the space :) what a relief

Since you went up there and they gave you the ok in person, you should be ok. Its just a space, not like part of your name was missing. You will be fine :) Reply back and let me know how it went....and yeah it was an interesting time being an employee there... lol

Since you went up there and they gave you the ok in person, you should be ok. Its just a space, not like part of your name was missing. You will be fine :) Reply back and let me know how it went....and yeah it was an interesting time being an employee there... lol

I hope so :/. Can't even focus on studying now because of this extra stress

Edit: btw they did not give me an ok in person- there wasn't anyone at my testing site because it wasn't an official prometric testing center oddly. Prometric kind of was like "since the name matches in spelling it should be fine but please call AAMC and talk to a supervisor to make sure" so I'm waiting to hear back from one now.

Last edited: