MCAT in a month

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted212839

Anyone studied for MCAT in one month and increased their scores by at least 2 points in their weak section?

Members don't see this ad.

Are you taking it in a month and just starting to study? Or have you been studying and are wondering how much more you can improve in your last month? Or did you get your score and are retaking in a month?

Members don't see this ad :)
I want a 10 in PS but so far I've only got 7 or 8.

After hanging out in these forums for a while none of the three options would surprise me in the least.

If you're currently around a 7/8 then there's definitely some content areas in which you have some knowledge gaps. If you figure out what these gaps are (through practice tests, EK1001, whatever) and get a better handle on the material then a significant jump is certainly within reach. In my last month of studying my PS jumped from 10 to 14.

Anyone studied for MCAT in one month and increased their scores by at least 2 points in their weak section?

I went from a 5 (On diagnostic) to a 11 (On multiple practice exams) on the PS within 1 month. It's very possible but keep in mind that I studied about 6-8 hours per day for the MCAT in general. I saw a 10 point gain on my practice exams (Kaplan, Princeton and 2 AAMC exams) in just the first month. So If you have the devotion you can gain way more than 2 points in just 1 month. PRACTICE IS KEY not just reading material. Good luck!

You can definitely do it. I actually studied for my MCAT w/in 1 month

Last edited:
I'm in a similar situation in that one section (BS) has been weaker than the others in practice tests, and I'm trying to get a 2-3 pt jump in about a month. If your serious about increasing your study hrs, EK's audio osmosis and Goldstandard's flashcards are essential imo, since you can use them to study during otherwise unused time (e.g. while commuting in your car, waiting for the dentist, etc)

I went from a 5 (On diagnostic) to a 11 (On multiple practice exams) on the PS within 1 month. It's very possible but keep in mind that I studied about 6-8 hours per day for the MCAT in general. I saw a 10 point gain on my practice exams (Kaplan, Princeton and 2 AAMC exams) in just the first month. So If you have the devotion you can gain way more than 2 points in just 1 month. PRACTICE IS KEY not just reading material. Good luck!
How did you do that?
Did you study the concepts over again then took the tests?