MCAT materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MEG@COOL

M0DE 01
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is what I have decided to use for MCAT study:

Exam Krackers subject books

AAMC tests

(maybe audio osmosis, but Im thinking it will just annoy me)

Any other things I should consider? Probably going to order this crap in the next few days.

Members don't see this ad.

how come you're not using books such as the keplan one

I'd get some EK practice problem books, especially101 passages in verbal reasoning.

mspaic said:
how come you're not using books such as the keplan one

I'm using both of them, but EK is much much better than Kaplan books. Kaplan comprehensive review is not as good either. Ek books are more explanatory and they have cool figures which keep u interested.

Ek over kaplan anytime. Consider getting 1001 questions in biology aswell, its a good book by EK.

Members don't see this ad :)
Get one of those giant study-aid books (Kaplan, princeton review), carve it up into individual sections with a pair of scissors to make it more portable (Duct tape PRN to keep it together), and study them like hell.

For each subsection-- read it one day, take notes the next day, and study your notes on the third day. On any given day you'll be studying three subsections (reading one, writing notes on another, and studying notes on a third). Do a few questions every day.