Mcat May 22nd date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dede77

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's the latest you think I could take the mcat? If I take it Aug 5/6 I get scores back Sept 8. If they aren't good... the next soonest I could take it after finding out the score is Sept 11, but what if my score is good and then that gives me 3 days and I would lose all my money. So then it would have to be Sept 23... and then those scores aren't back until Oct 27.

Please help. It isn't fair that my whole future got screwed up because of AAMC.
https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/mcat/register/417812/2015scorereleasedates.html

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
First take a really deep breath and calm down. I'm confused but I'm assuming you wanted to apply this cycle? Are you even studying now? Have you submitted your primary for this cycle? If so have you been verified? What are your GPAs? Without more info it's hard to tell you what to do. I'm sorry for your MCAT issues. Did this happen to everyone who tested on 5/22?

Do not apply MD this year. If you really what to apply, you can swing for a DO school (did you shadow a DO and/or get a letter?).

Bluntly: after technical difficulties in May you needed to keep studying, in case you were testing again this year in June or July. (I tested in June, with the intention of one shot, since later seemed too late.) Opting to take a vacation without an MCAT is confusing...

You can blame AAMC, but simply put: from here on, how you manage your priorities is what will determine if you're successful. They allowed you to void it (after seeing a score?), which is nice. You had two other testing opportunities this year. You didn't take them. I'd start plan B and prep for next year.

(If you have a great GPA, etc you may squeeze in somewhere with a late app, but you'd be better off applying next year and having options. If you're a borderline candidate, so late will be very rough on your emotional wellbeing.)

Members don't see this ad :)
I took mine on May 22nd and had issues, but only had until end of day May 27th to void if chose to do so per the AAMC email. Percentiles came out on June 12th. Are you sure you voided? If not AAMC must've made an error.

I'm more disturbed that they let you see your score range and still allowed you to void.

Yea... Something seems odd here. I would call them and make sure. You don't want the AAMC to back track the void since it was clearly a mistake.

I took mine on May 22nd and had issues, but only had until end of day May 27th to void if chose to do so per the AAMC email. Percentiles came out on June 12th. Are you sure you voided? If not AAMC must've made an error.

I was conflicted with what to do.... and got an email stating I still had a choice after filing the test center concern form- hoping to get some sort of compensation. They told me I could void a week before percentiles, but I was confused and couldn't get a straight answer from anyone when I called until Friday when percentiles came out and they said I still had the choice. So I voided. Even then I was hesitant, because theres a 10% range above or below your scores could actually end up being since it is not based on all of the test questions... I had some hope that it would miraculously be a good score just from my guessing haha... but I know a lot of people just took their mcat today/yesterday... so what's another 2.5 weeks until the aug?

And I have been studying some what but not like I did before, but I will be doing that asap.

Yea... Something seems odd here. I would call them and make sure. You don't want the AAMC to back track the void since it was clearly a mistake.

No they did.. it was a hard decision. And they only let me do that because they messed up and they knew that. They can see everyone's computer and see each person's experience of the glitch. I filed a complaint also.

Do not apply MD this year. If you really what to apply, you can swing for a DO school (did you shadow a DO and/or get a letter?).

Bluntly: after technical difficulties in May you needed to keep studying, in case you were testing again this year in June or July. (I tested in June, with the intention of one shot, since later seemed too late.) Opting to take a vacation without an MCAT is confusing...

You can blame AAMC, but simply put: from here on, how you manage your priorities is what will determine if you're successful. They allowed you to void it (after seeing a score?), which is nice. You had two other testing opportunities this year. You didn't take them. I'd start plan B and prep for next year.

(If you have a great GPA, etc you may squeeze in somewhere with a late app, but you'd be better off applying next year and having options. If you're a borderline candidate, so late will be very rough on your emotional wellbeing.)

Thing is I sent my transcripts to MD not DO application so would I still have time to fill out the DO application when it takes forever to do the MD??

Frankly OP, I think you should not continue with the application this cycle. Take a year off and start studying again for the MCAT. There is no excuse for a bad score once it has been reported. Secondly, September is just too late to get your scores. Unless you are a stellar applicant (which without your scores you are not at this moment) chances of getting in with a late application are slim. I do not think DO is an option either. Don't make a hasty decision for something this important. If you gamble, and something gets messed up again, ADCOMS will not be sympathetic.

Are you verified? It may not be too late to withdraw. Honestly, based on how you talk about studying I can't imagine you're ready. You would need to hit it out of the park. That doesn't happen due to luck, or sorta studying.

And it's not just "another 2 weeks": it's a month later that you will get scores and actually have a complete app. And you'll be on the wrong side of the application bell curve (late). Don't waste the money and energy.

Reactions: 1 user
So basically I've been forced into taking a gap year because of an AAMC error? That doesn't seem fair to put my whole life a year behind... my GPA is a 3.50. I have a good list of ECs, 4 good LOCs, and my PS is nearly done just needs some proof reading. I understand what you guys are saying but I know people who applied late and got in. Also I know people who took mcat's in june/july and haven't even started their app and are applying!

I mean I could do 2-3 practice tests, go over all the information I studied before.

It seems like you want to plow ahead and apply. It is taking several weeks to get verified and you haven't finished your PS. Your GPA is below average. You will be submitting secondaries mid to late September and if you have only studied some for the MCAT you are setting yourself up to be a reapplicant in the next cycle. The choice is certainly yours and it's not fair what happened but life happens. You really only want to apply once with the best possible application possible.

So basically I've been forced into taking a gap year because of an AAMC error? That doesn't seem fair to put my whole life a year behind... my GPA is a 3.50. I have a good list of ECs, 4 good LOCs, and my PS is nearly done just needs some proof reading. I understand what you guys are saying but I know people who applied late and got in. Also I know people who took mcat's in june/july and haven't even started their app and are applying!

I mean I could do 2-3 practice tests, go over all the information I studied before.

I completely understand it about not being fair. But just look at it from their perspective: they gave everyone with issues a chance to void and retake it on June 2nd. It was your responsibility (and I don't mean it in an accusatory tone) to gauge how well you performed and it was a risk you chose to take. Just because other people are applying, doesn't mean they have a good shot.

That being said, a 3.5 is on the lower end for an MD. You may have a chance with DO, but for that you need an understanding of what a DO does, get DO shadowing experience, and a DO LOR. Furthermore, it is going to be very late in the cycle.

I know this is stressful, but the greatest piece of advice I got from an ADCOM was to not make decisions that may seem hasty to an ADCOM. If you really want to be a physician, take your time to get into a good program. We have a life expectancy of at least 75 now. 1 year won't be a big deal if you make good use of it.

Reactions: 1 users

Their error, paired with your own (not voiding and continuing to study, going on vacation over taking the exam... You missed two other months for exams, plus one makeup for people in your exact position)... Yes.

It may cost you a year of your life, but what you end up doing with that year could make you a much better applicant. An "eh" MCAT could be a great MCAT. A very late app could be a very early app. You could have additional interesting things to talk about... The tutoring job you took, or the additional volunteering you've done, or a passion you've been able to explore without the burden of classes.

As someone >5 years out of college, I can say I've grown every year since... The year is only wasted if you sit on your parents couch and eat Cheetos.

Reactions: 2 users