Mcat prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

forumdata

Reaction score
Planning to take Mcat May 2023. Currently working in research lab at the school spending anywhere from 4-6 hours. Which is more beneficial to get into medical school, spending more time at research lab or start preparing for mcat.

Don’t intend to study for mcat during fall. Focus on getting good grades and few hours of research lab. Also planning on starting mcat study starting Jan 2023 along with easy courses and research lab. Will it be too late. How should I work out my time between courses, research lab and mcat during summer and the school year. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Planning to take Mcat May 2023. Currently working in research lab at the school spending anywhere from 4-6 hours. Which is more beneficial to get into medical school, spending more time at research lab or start preparing for mcat.

Don’t intend to study for mcat during fall. Focus on getting good grades and few hours of research lab. Also planning on starting mcat study starting Jan 2023 along with easy courses and research lab. Will it be too late. How should I work out my time between courses, research lab and mcat during summer and the school year. Thanks.
If you do poorly on the MCAT then having a first author Cell paper isn't going to help you.

Also, avoid thinking in single metrics. It's the entire app that counts

Reactions: 2 users
Given how competitive medical school is, you want to measure twice and cut once with respect to every aspect of your application. Take the time necessary to make sure you will (i) do your absolute best on the MCAT and (ii) have the volunteering activities you need to meet or exceed adcom expectations.