MCAT preparation material vs DAT (not addressed in previous thread)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tturchi51

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright I've searched everywhere on here and have found conflicting results and even abbreviations that took me forever to figure out BR, PR etc. I was pre-dental but after serious consideration will switch to pre-med as I had originally wanted to do. I took the DAT and did well but wanted to know the "equivalents" of the prep material for DAT to MCAT.

For example on the biology section of DAT, Bootcamp biology, qvault, and cliffs ap were the must have study resources. Could yall tell me the mcat must have study tools? Especially concerned on the sections I haven't had to prepare for.

1. Best practice test material? For DAT, Bootcamp was the best, and Kaplan was probably the worst so I am unaware of how Kaplan is for the MCAT.

2. Physics and Verbal reasoning, These two sections are the only ones I'm stressing about. Any tip for best review and practice test questions?

3. I have EK and Kaplan mcat materials from 2014, but from what I have seen on here only the new sections (biochem and psych.soci) are different?

I know these which is better, would you rather threads seem redundant but anyone with strong opinions as far as prep materials go, I would love to have your input.

Thanks and Good Luck to everyone

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there, I am in a similar boat same boat. I'm taking the DAT after taking this new MCAT :). For the DAT, there are different sources that are good for different subjects I've noticed. For the MCAT, i recommend sticking to one prep company (TPR is good).

I recommend this thread http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/the-official-april-mcat-2015-takers-thread.1110525/page-4 to get an idea of what materials people are studying. Basically, you can use old stuff for the new mcat, but be sure to follow the aamc outline. You'll need a new Biochem/Behavioral Science prep book (EK/tpr/kaplan, whatever works for you). good luck :)