MCAT Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ENTDoc45

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Currently a sophomore and in a BS/MD program. I am required to score a 500 and take the MCAT before the end of my junior year.

I have taken:
Biology 1 and 2
Chemistry 1 and 2
Organic Chemistry 1
Physics 1 and 2
Psychology 1

For next semester I will be taking Organic chemistry 2 and will be doing content review. I also plan on taking 2 summer classes this summer:

May to June: Calculus Online
July to August: Plant Biology at CC

I plan on taking Kaplan online this summer from May to August and will be taking my MCAT in September 2016. Is it possible to score the 500 without me taking Biochemistry. Would love to hear from people that have currently taken the new MCAT! Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Going in blindly? No way.
Self studying? Might be able to get away with it. Biochemistry is a huge part of this new exam. I personally think I would have been screwed without it. Biochem (IMO) helped tie many of my previous courses together.

Currently a sophomore and in a BS/MD program. I am required to score a 500 and take the MCAT before the end of my junior year.

I have taken:
Biology 1 and 2
Chemistry 1 and 2
Organic Chemistry 1
Physics 1 and 2
Psychology 1

For next semester I will be taking Organic chemistry 2 and will be doing content review. I also plan on taking 2 summer classes this summer:

I plan on taking Kaplan online this summer from May to August and will be taking my MCAT in September 2016. Is it possible to score the 500 without me taking Biochemistry. Would love to hear from people that have currently taken the new MCAT! Thank you.

Yes it is possible to score a 500. Learn the biochem in the Kaplan books and it will be good enough to score a 500. If you were shooting for something higher, say a 510+ I would tell you no.

I have taken:
Biology 1 and 2
Chemistry 1 and 2
Organic Chemistry 1
Physics 1 and 2
Psychology 1

Crazy that you're required to take the MCAT! Most BS/MD programs are state schools and no MCAT is required. SATs qualify the student and they must maintain a B average. If you have to take the MCAT might as well shoot for a 515 and apply to other programs.