mcat requirement for foreign med schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

a_kabraw

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I will be a senior at Skidmore College and I am interested to know if there are MCAT requirements for medical schools in foreign countries (outisde of the USA).

Thank you for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I went to Skidmore, graduated in 2004. My three years at Skids were the best of my life. Let me know if you need some help or advice, I'll do what I can. :thumbup:

Regarding your question, each foreign school will have its own requirements. For instance, some Caribbean schools don't require the MCAT. Your best place to look here will be in the forums that are made for different regions, the Caribbean forum is fairly active as is the European forum. They will have more information or at least they'll let you know where to find the answers you're looking for. Best of luck! :D

a_kabraw said:
Hello, I will be a senior at Skidmore College and I am interested to know if there are MCAT requirements for medical schools in foreign countries (outisde of the USA).

Thank you for your time.

Most med schools will require the MCAT. This includes all three of the Caribbean schools with any credibility (Ross, AUC and St George) as well as Sackler in Israel and the Austrailian schools. Not sure about Saba but they always struck me as very weak. Other schools in the Carribean such as MUA, Spartan and St James do not appear to require the MCAT at present but you should be aware that such schools are a long shot gamble. You can find more information at valuemd.com which is a board devoted to the discussion of foreign med schools.