MCAT Retake 3rd Time - help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BAS04yall

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have taken the MCAT twice. Scored low thirties both time (30-32). I have never struggled with an academic thing this much in my life and it really was a reality check: I'm not as smart as I thought I was.

I want to take the MCAT one more time because I really want a great MCAT score. I want to prove it to myself above all else, not to mention that everyone I know has a 35+ score. Will the simple fact that I took the MCAT 3 times be a huge red flag??

Members don't see this ad.

Why do you NEED an MCAT score higher than what you received the first two times other than feeling inferior solely because others that you know got a higher score than you? Your scores were fine assuming your GPA is good, stopping taking the chances of ruining a decent score and landing an acceptance. I can't give you an answer as to whether it is a HUGE red flag but the general consensus is that taking the test over and over without improvement doesn't look good.